Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EUR/USD: Standing Side with short term bullish bias; -42 pips last trade




Economic data out of the Eurozone and the United States weighed the dollar down today. US existing home sales increased for the second month in May. European purchasing manger indexes shrank by the least amount since the inception of the recession. As a result, risk appetite increased which always hurts the dollar. I was stopped out on my last trade for a -42 pip loss. I will be looking to go long, as long as price finds support at the 1.400 level which corresponds with the 38.2 Fibonacci retracement level at 1.4001. The bullish triangle reversal pattern played out today with a break of the upper trend line of that formation (See 1 hour H1 chart). My target if this plays out will be 30 pips below the 138.2 Fibonacci extension level at 1.4186. I will be looking to short the Euro at this level. Stay tuned on twitter for real time trade updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete